Introducing Kaya Evelyn
March 23, 2011 § 11 Comments
Ok, so lets start with the facts:
1. My fantastic wife gave birth to sweet Kaya Evelyn on St. Patrick’s Day, 2011. Ariel was our amazing doula.
1b. I bet it hurt more than I can ever imagine.
2. Kaya tipped the scales at 7lbs and 8oz and at 20 inches is probably ready to sign up for the WNBA. She’s more of a point guard than a strong forward.
3. Yes, I’m ridiculously happy, lucky, humbled. I mean really, I spent hours balancing Kaya on a stuffed turtle. She is a pisces.
4. We didn’t find out if she was a she until the big day. That was fun. I don’t believe we’ll have any shortage of pink dresses.
5. I heard that we’re already number one on the regional cute baby list.
6. She’s already part of Red Sox nation.
7. She smiled at day 3 – Beale genes. I think it would have happened in two days had she had a cheesehead hat on her.
8. She loves Roxy and they talk often.
9. I know, I know, this pose is illegal is thirty California counties – but not in our house!
10. I think I’ve seen this look before… many times.
11. Like daddy, she likes to streak late night searching for a cheap burrito and the next afterbar – Naumovich genes.
12. She’s got some beautiful long fingers for finger cracks – let’s call ‘em hybrid genes.
13. There’s nothing unlucky about this number today. I feel like the luckiest dude alive.